Written by Harley Tummond, Diversity Editor
Aquarius: January 20th-February 18th
- Aquarians, you will have a very fulfilled month this December. As a sign, you thrive in social situations and feel fulfilled through the prospects of helping those around you. This desire you have to be a social humanitarian can easily be filled by the holiday season which is quickly approaching. Consider hosting a party this month because whether it’s a Christmas or New Year’s party, you will feel the positive effects of social interactions with friends and family you care about. Also consider donating to a charity or holiday organization this festive season, which can help you feel like you’re making a difference in your community and world, which is essential for the mental health of an Aquarius. Just be careful to balance your responsibilities this month, because you have a tendency to say yes to tasks you’re incapable of completing, and you should have a wonderful and easy going December.
Pisces: February 19th-March 20th
- Pisces, you may find yourself craving alone time this month, as December is often full of family, friends, and social events. Your relatively introverted sign however, has a charisma about it that allows you to be the light of the party without even realizing it. Be careful in the upcoming month to take the things people say to you with a grain of salt, because you sign has a tendency to feel victimized by unintended criticism, which can be a commonality during the holidays. Remember that people find your sign to be charming and compassionate, and criticism is very slim a bash on your character. Don’t forget how important it is for your sign to nurture your introverted sign, and to spend some time writing, reading, or exercising your creativity. The stimulation of your creative side will allow you to make the best of social holiday situations, and to enjoy time with those around you.
Aries: March 21st-April 19th
- Aries, although the holidays can be frustrating for you, winter break will present itself as an opportunity to exercise your strengths. The holidays require patience and inactivity, something that your sign often struggles with thanks to your go-getter nature. Sitting around for days doing nothing just isn’t up your alley. That’s why those born under the Aries sign must take advantage of the many days off school this December to challenge themselves in some way or another. Consider attempting a new winter sport like skiing or snowboarding, or simply going sledding up at Government Camp. These fun activities could keep you and friends engaged, while allowing you to get out of the house if you begin to go stir crazy. On the days where you’re with your friends and family, your natural energy and humor will be a hit. Don’t forget to take an occasional break, as hard as it may be, from your seemingly endless social and adventurous lifestyle. This can help you keep yourself calm and centered during the holidays, however engaging in social activities and adventure will do your mental health no harm.
Taurus: April 20th-May 20th
- Taurean people people enjoy the luxurious side of life, which often comes along with the holiday season. Taurus, you may find yourself living your very best life this month, because from presents to shopping to hot chocolate to fires, you will be thriving. Those born under your star sign tend to appreciate material items, however they are not surface level people. Be careful this month to not allow the glitz and glamor of the holidays distract you from what is truly important to you, because your friends and family will end up having the true value to you as 2018 begins. Take the new year as a time to recenter yourself and create new goals in order to feel put together, which your sign values
Gemini: May 21st-June 20th
- Thankfully for you Gemini, your star sign’s common fear of being alone will likely be avoided this month as you will feel an influx of people to chat with and befriend. The new year will be full of new social opportunities and a new outlook on a problem you have been combating over a period of time. Your December will be a month of clarity, as you will come across many solutions to adversity you have faced over the past few months, and you will be able to find passion in something unexpected. Just be aware of who you place your trust in this month, because you may be betrayed by somebody who you considered to be a friend. Be cautious of gossiping or putting your reputation at risk this December, because it may prevent you from using the opportunities that will be presented to you to your full ability.
Cancer: June 21st-July 22nd
- Cancer, your sign tends to be very sympathetic, loving, and caring- which will be extremely beneficial for you this December. The holidays are a time with an increased presence of charities and foundations, so take this time to make a difference in your community and in the lives of those around you. Also, Cancer born people are very family oriented, making the holidays a happy time for you, since the general atmosphere is more family friendly. Do something special this month to break out of your selfless shell, and do something selfish to treat yourself. This can help you get in touch with yourself, and prevent being so selfless that you lose contact with who you truly are.
Leo: July 23rd-August 22nd
- Leo, this may be a difficult month for you, because your stubborn attitude can be an obstacle during a season full of different opinions, viewpoints, and people. You will likely be faced by people you care about challenging your views in December, which is something that you may struggle with as you are very strong minded. The holidays do include 2 weeks off of school, which is very beneficial to the attitude of a Leo due to how you enjoy down time and relaxation. People consider Leos to be very influential and leaders in many ways, due to your loyal sign trait. Take the time this month to take advantage of how others view you and lead in something new. Regardless of what it is, you will see the influence you are able to have when you take control of your natural leading power. Don’t forget to approach December with an open mind, as it is often a time of clashes and opposing opinions, something you may not be a fan of.
Virgo: August 23rd-September 22nd
- Virgo, your sign is considered to be hardworking and practical, something that may prevent you from fully enjoying your December. You may find yourself struggling with the prospect of having 2 weeks off of school to simply relax, so maybe use these weeks as a time to be productive in something other than school, like working towards a goal or on a task that will benefit you personally. Virgos are busy bodies, however the break will allow you to detach yourself from school and responsibility to become better acquainted with the relaxing side of life. Somebody you are not anticipating will give you a hand this month, allowing you to divert some responsibility onto another willing person. This can be a beneficial step towards you taking less stress upon yourself and becoming more in tune with your strong virgo traits such as your strong communication skills.
Libra: September 23rd-October 22nd
- Similar to both the signs of Gemini and Aquarius, your air sign behavior is very prevalent. Libras are easily inspired by intellect and stimulating conversations, however easily bored by repetitive tasks, which will be extra pronounced this December. Use your fair-minded, personable appeal to strike up conversations with people who you wouldn’t usually talk to this month. This can be very beneficial to the mind of a Libra, because you may not have the strongest of opinions on many controversial subjects, and speaking to people with a variety of views can help you find where you stand (because as a Libra, knowing all sides of an issue is essential). A deep seeded insecurity of yours may be put on display this month Libra, so be extra cautious about who you trust and let into your life, because you have a tendency to trust people who may not be trustworthy.
Scorpio: October 23rd-November 21st
- Scorpio, this will be a very simplistic month for you. Those born under your star sign are very resourceful and creative, so you may feel compelled to save money and make holiday presents for your loved ones. There won’t be many big changes of turmoils for you this month, as December represents a month of stability for those born under the sign of Scorpio. Don’t be afraid to challenge the comfort of December, and push your boundaries in something new this month, to keep things fresh and interesting (essential to the happiness of a scorpio). Remember that despite your natural tendency to be frugal and resourceful, spending unnecessary money tends to be part of the holiday season, and no unnecessary guilt should be felt.
Sagittarius: November 22nd-December 21st
- Sagittarian people tend to be generous, giving, and selfless, and despite that appearing to be a mostly positive thing during a season that requires generosity, there are a variety of drawbacks that may come into play this December. Sagittarius, you may give so much this month, that you exhaust yourself mentally and financially, which can constrict the prominent trait in your sign of valuing freedom. Besides that however, there will be a positive interaction that’ll change the face of your month with a stranger. Somebody unknown will give you a new outlook that you’d never expect, and benefit you highly as the new year begins.
Capricorn: December 22nd-January 19th
- Capricorn, you are easily the most “put together” of the signs, which will truly shine through this December. The responsible one, the controlled one; you will keep plans afloat this month and keep everybody on track to have an organized, smooth-running holiday season. Remember to let loose at times, because your Capricornus discipline may prevent you from taking an out of the box opportunity that will present itself this month. Breaking out of your routine will be beneficial, because opportunities will come your way that are not part of your regular life, so attempt spontaneity occasionally this month, and you will likely be surprised at the results.